371 Sky Blue
Sale Sold out
Regular price $1.75 USD
Regular priceUnit price per
A high-quality semi-gloss WW2 MAP Sky Blue acrylic or enamel paint for scale models and historical miniatures.
MAP Sky Blue Color Guide:
- MAP Sky Blue is a light gray-blue color designed to better camouflage aircraft in sunnier tropical regions and overseas, in addition to the standard Sky, which best matches the color of the sky in the mainland.
- MAP Sky Blue was used during World War II to paint the undersides of overseas RAF aircraft camouflaged in the Temperate Land scheme. The upper surfaces were painted traditionally in Dark Green and Dark Earth MAP colors.
- Sky Blue was also used to paint the upper surfaces according to the Tropical Land scheme in 1939-1941. Under this scheme, the upper surfaces were painted in Light Earth and Dark Green, or Dark Earth and Middle Stone, or Middle Stone and Dark Green camouflage, respectively.
- MAP Sky Blue should not be confused with BS 1 Sky Blue, a completely different non-MAP color that was also used temporarily at the beginning of World War II to paint the under surfaces of RAF aircraft following the Temperate Land Scheme.
- MAP Sky Blue paint was also used for the under surfaces of Romanian aircraft in 1938-1942.
- Acrylic A371s
- Enamel E371f
- Flat E371f
- Semi-gloss A371s
- 10ml. (0.33oz)