291 RLM 24 Dunkelblau
Sale Sold out
Regular price $1.33 USD
Regular priceUnit price per
RLM 24 Dunkelblau
A high-quality semi-gloss violet blue acrylic or enamel paint for scale models and historical miniatures.
RLM 24 Dark Blue Color Guide:
- RLM 24 Dunkelblau was officially introduced in 1938 by Directive L.Dv. 521.
- RLM 24 Dark blue was designated as a marking color for oxygen systems, cylinders, and lines of Luftwaffe aircraft.
- From 1938 the RLM 24 Dunkelblau was also used as a color tactical marking for the aircraft of JG 233 (re-formed into JG 51 in 1941).
- RLM 24 Dark blue was also used for tactical markings, emblems, prop spinners, etc.
- Along with RLM 25 Hellgrün, RLM 24 was used to paint individual letters of bomber aircraft belonging to the Stab/Gruppen and Stab/Geswader.
- RLM 24 Dark blue was used as an identification color of IV Gruppen of Bombergeswader.
- RLM 24 Dark blue could be used as an identification color of additional Staffeln of the Luftwaffe fighter aircraft Gruppen.
- RLM 24 Dunkelblau was also used for painting the 'Reichsverteidigung' (Reich Defence) tail bands introduced in mid-1944. As a single color, it was used for markings of JG 54 aircraft. Along with a centrally placed stripe of RLM 21 Weiß, RLM 24 was used for painting fuselage bands of JG 300 aircraft. The fuselage band, consisting of RLM 24 and RLM 23 Rot, indicated that the aircraft belonged to JG7 "Nowotny". The aircraft of KG(J) 54 "Totenkopf" had checkerboard tail bands consisting of RLM 21 Weiß and RLM 24 Dunkelblau.
- Acrylic A291s
- Enamel E291s
- 10ml. (0.33oz)