269 RLM 76 Lichtblau
Sale Sold out
Regular price $1.33 USD
Regular priceUnit price per
RLM 76 Lichtblau
A high-quality semi-gloss pastel light blue acrylic or enamel paint for scale models and historical miniatures.
RLM 76 Light Blue Color Guide:
- RLM 76 Lichtblau was introduced into German aircraft camouflages in 1941 in accordance with directive L.Dv. 521/1.
- RLM 76 Light Blue superseded RLM 65 Hellblau for painting the under surfaces of fighter aircraft camouflage which also suggested use of RLM 74 Dunkelgrau and RLM 75 Mittelgrau for the upper surfaces. This scheme was also used for ANR fighter aircraft camouflage.
- The RLM 76 Light Blue, along with its bomber counterpart, RLM 65 in the 1941 version, was also used to camouflage night fighters, which were painted entirely light blue with irregular spots and mottles of RLM 74 and RLM 75 on the upper surfaces.
- RLM 76 Lichtblau could be used for light blue mottling over green or desert camouflage of bomber aircraft to better blend in with the sea surface, the so-called Wellenmuster.
- RLM 76 Light Blue remained the color of the under surfaces of aircraft when the new camouflage aviation scheme was introduced according to Sammelmitteilung Nr. 1 of 1 July 1944. This scheme involved applying RLM 81 Braunviolett and RLM 82 Hellgrün camouflage patches to the upper surfaces of Luftwaffe aircraft.
- During the final phase of World War II, due to the great chaos in German paint production and the shortage of components, various variants of the RLM 76 appeared, such as RLM "84" Graugrün or Graublau.
- Acrylic A269s
- Enamel E269s
- 10ml. (0.33oz)