203 RAL 7016 Blaugrau
Sale Sold out
Regular price $1.75 USD
Regular priceUnit price per
RAL 7016 Blaugrau
A high-quality semi-gloss anthracite gray acrylic or enamel paint for scale models and historical miniatures.
RAL 7016 Blue Gray Color Guide:
- RAL 7016 Blue Gray was introduced in 1939 by adding the color Farbtonkarte 840 R Blaugrau RAL 7016 to the RAL colors standard.
- Some sources say that vehicles of the Luftwaffe units were painted in RAL 7016 Luftwaffenblaugrau until Sep. 1938, while Luftschutz units used this color until May 1939. However, according to Luftwaffenbestimmung 416 of 1938, all Luftwaffe vehicles were to be painted in RAL 7021 Dunkelgrau Nr. 21.
- RAL 7016 Blaugrau Nr. 4 was also used to camouflage such ammunition as helmets, belt buckles, gas mask cans, etc.
- RAL 7016 Anthrazitgrau continued to be used as the camouflage color of Bundeswehr airborne helmets after WWII.
- RAL 7016 Blue Gray is the closest match to the wartime Dunkelgrau 53, which was used in camouflage patterns of German WW2 submarines. Dunkelgrau 53 was also used for painting horizontal metal surfaces of Kriegsmarine warships according to Lfd. Nr. 31 and 31a of Jul. 1944.
- RAL 7016 Blue Gray is believed the closest match to the wartime Schiffsbodenfarbe III Grau, also known as Wasserlinienfarbe W.L. III Grau and Anthrazitgrau, whose DKM numbers were 23a and 23b respectively. Schiffsbodenfarbe III Grau was used as an antifouling coating for the gulls of German Kriegsmarine warships.
- Acrylic A203s
- Enamel E203s
- 10ml. (0.33oz)