Sale Sold out
Regular price $1.75 USD
Regular priceUnit price per
A high-quality duralumin metallic acrylic or enamel paint for scale models and creative work.
Duralumin Paint Color Guide:
- Duralumin, duraluminum, duraluminium, duralum or simply dural, is an aluminum-copper alloy that has been used extensively in the aerospace industry since the 1920s. Adding copper to the alloy increases its strength, but also makes it susceptible to corrosion. To increase the corrosion resistance of the alloy, metallurgical bonding of a surface layer of high-purity aluminum, called alcad-duralum, is used.
- Due to the strength and lightness of the alloy, as well as the relatively simple processing, it was actively used in the construction of aircraft airframes. Often such elements were left unpainted.
- In addition to internal power elements, Duralumin was also used to reinforce the aircraft cladding. So it can also be used to imitate the so-called panel effect along with 095 Aluminum.
- Duralumin is produced using ultrafine metallic pigment, which would be the best choice for scale modeling.
- Duralumin has a natural metal shіne when applied. To avoid scratches and oxidation, it is recommended to coat the painted surfaces with a layer of glossy or matte varnish.
- Acrylic A082m
- Enamel E082m
- Semi-gloss metallic shine
- 10ml. (0.33oz)