Sale Sold out
Regular price $1.75 USD
Regular priceUnit price per
A high-quality bright aluminum shade metallic acrylic or enamel paint for scale models and creative work.
Aluminum Paint Color Guide:
- Aluminum metal boasts a shimmering silver whiteness to its surface that may appear dull, depending on the texture and roughness.
- Pure aluminum may be soft and lack strength, but this isn't an issue when various alloys are used. Alloys of aluminium have high tensile strength and hardness due to their increased resistance against wear and tear which makes them more durable for most applications.
- Way back in 1760, humankind first attempted to produce aluminum metal. But it was not until 1824 that the Danish physicist and chemist Hans Christian Ørsted achieved success - he reacted anhydrous aluminum chloride with potassium amalgam, producing a metallic lump looking similar to tin. In 1827, German chemist Friedrich Wöhler emulated Ørsted's experiments but did not detect any aluminum. He soon replicated the same study that year by combining anhydrous aluminum chloride with potassium which yielded a powder of aluminum. By 1845, he had successfully created minuscule pieces of metal which allowed him to explain some physical properties linked to it.
- Global aluminum production exceeds the production of any other metal except iron
- Aluminium typically is alloyed to enhance its mechanical properties, particularly when tempered. For instance, the usual aluminum foils and beverage cans contain alloys between 92% - 99% of aluminum.
- Because of its lightweight, aluminum is the material for many vehicles, including cars, planes, trucks, railroad cars, and more. Even spaceships benefit from this lightweight metal. In addition, it is not susceptible to corrosion, which means your vehicle will last much longer. These factors have made aluminum an important component in transportation.
- Aluminum is widely used for aircraft cladding. Sometimes you can see different shades of aluminum panels on the same airplane. This is because some panels are placed along the roll and some across the roll. For this panel effect, you can also use 081 Dark Aluminum paint for a darker shade of aluminum.
- Aluminium is produced using ultrafine metallic pigment, which would be the best choice for scale modeling.
- Aluminum has a natural metallic shіne when applied. To avoid scratches and oxidation, it is recommended to coat the painted surfaces with a layer of glossy or matte varnish.
- Acrylic A095m
- Enamel E095m
- Semi-gloss metallic shine
- 10ml. (0.33oz)