set 7011 PSU Ukrainian Flankers
PSU Ukrainian Flankers
In 2012, a significant milestone in the history of the Ukrainian Air Force unfolded as the Sukhoi Su-27 underwent a notable upgrade, marked by the introduction of the distinctive Blue Pixel camouflage at the Zaporizhia State Aircraft Repair Plant MiGremont. This visual innovation, beyond its aesthetic appeal, symbolized Ukraine's commitment to embracing advanced aerospace technology.
Simultaneously, the Su-27 underwent a partial modernization, transitioning into the Su-27S1M/P1M and UB1M/UP1M standards. This comprehensive modernization program encompassed key elements such as avionics, radar systems, and engine performance. The objective was to ensure that the Su-27 remained a formidable force in contemporary air warfare, equipped with cutting-edge technology to meet the challenges of the evolving geopolitical landscape.
During the challenging times of the war in Ukraine, the Su-27 played a crucial role. Adorned with the distinctive Blue Pixel camouflage, these fighter jets found themselves on the frontline, confronting Russian adversaries in the air. The Su-27, among the first to engage in aerial combat, showcased its prowess and adaptability, contributing significantly to Ukraine's defense efforts.
The conflict highlighted the importance of a modern and capable air force, and the upgraded Su-27s proved instrumental in countering airborne threats. The Blue Pixel camouflage not only demonstrated Ukraine's technological sophistication but also served as a symbol of national resilience and determination.
The Su-27's participation in the conflict became a testament to the Ukrainian Air Force's commitment to defending its sovereignty in the face of external threats. The partial modernization, coupled with the distinctive Blue Pixel camouflage, allowed these aircraft to continue serving as a formidable deterrent, showcasing Ukraine's dedication to maintaining a strong and effective air defense capability.
PSU Ukrainian Flankers Set Use Guide:
- The blue pixel scheme was first applied to several Ukrainian Su-27 Flanker aircraft in 2012 after they were upgraded to 27S1M/P1M and UB1M/UP1M standards at the Zaporizhzhya State Aircraft Repair Plant MiGremont in 2012. This camouflage was then applied to the rest of the Ukrainian Su-27s in service.
- The pixel scheme has a similar pattern for all Su-27 aircraft, but the shapes of the camouflage patches varied slightly from aircraft to aircraft.
- The pixel camouflage scheme replaced the Su-27's standard blue camouflage used by the Russians and is rooted in its Soviet heritage. However, the Ukrainians since the late 2000s have used their distinct colors, taken from RAL standards.
- The blue pixel camouflage of the Su-27 involves using two blue and one gray camouflage colors for the upper surfaces and blue for the lower surfaces of the aircraft. The radio-transparent parts and nose cone are painted gray, as opposed to the previously used green or original white used on earlier Su-27 modifications.
PSU Ukrainian Flankers Set Includes:
- 249 RAL 5015 Himmelblau (Sky Blue) - A light blue camouflage color of the upper surface.
- 248 RAL 5017 Verkehrsblau (Traffic Blue) - A light blue camouflage color of the upper surface.
- 253 RAL 7040 Fenstergrau (Window Grey) - A light gray camouflage color of the upper surface.
- 247 RAL 5012 Lichtblau (Light Blue) - A light blue color of the under surfaces.
- 246 RAL 7000 Fehgrau (Squirrel Grey) - A medium gray color of the radomes and radio-transparent panels.
- 086 Steel - Bare-metal engine panels and jet exhausts.
This Set is Best for:
- Sukhoi Su-27 Flanker
- Acrylic A7011
- Enamel E7011
- 6 x 10 ml. (6 x 0.33oz)