266 RLM 79 Sandgelb
Sale Sold out
Regular price $1.50 USD
Regular priceUnit price per
RLM 79 Sandgelb
A high-quality semi-gloss yellowish desert ochre brown acrylic or enamel paint for scale models and historical miniatures.
RLM 79 Sand Yellow Color Guide:
- RLM 79 Sandgelb was introduced in November 1941 with the revision of L.Dv. 521/1.
- RLM 79 Sand Yellow was developed to camouflage Luftwaffe aircraft operating in the Middle East. This camouflage also suggested applying mottlings of RLM 80 Olivgrün on the upper surfaces to better blend in with the landscape. Sometimes the upper surfaces of the planes were completely painted with RLM 79 without RLM 80 blotches. The lower surfaces were to be painted with RLM 78 Himmelblau.
- The first desert camouflages used RLM 79 Sand Yellow, were applied to fighters directly at the factory. Later stocks of RLM 79 were sent directly to the regiments and used for field repainting.
- RLM 79 Sandgelb was also used for applying mottles or blotches on the aircraft that retained European camouflage consisting of RLM 70/71.
- Besides Africa and the Mediterranean, the RLM 79 Sandgelb was also used to camouflage aircraft in some regiments operating on the Eastern Front, such as JG 3, JG 54, etc.
- Acrylic A266s
- Enamel E266s
- 10ml. (0.33oz)